Cough is not really a health problem to address. Coughing is the body’s natural response or a method of trying to remove foreign bodies or substances from the throat or the ways in which air passes through the body. It may also be an indication of a specific respiratory infection, but coughing itself is not a problem.
Now, if you really want to stop this annoying cough from non-stop 24/7, you need to treat the root cause of the cough. Although there are many over-the-counter medications, medical treatments, and other cough remedies, there are still many individuals who prefer using home remedies for cough.
Here are some of the best-proven home remedies for cough that you can try;
1. Cut one piece of lemon, then add pepper and salt in half, then suck it. This treatment is very effective in reducing the severity of a cough.
2. For 4-5 days, take a teaspoon of pure honey with a pinch of white ground pepper. Do this 2-3 times a day. This home remedy for cough is very effective and is considered one of the best.
3. It is said that eating grapes for a certain number of days is able to treat a cold. Grapes have certain properties that act as a sputum exfoliator and remove the lungs.
4. Make a mixture of 1-2 grams of dry ginger, white pepper, and black pepper, and make sure that all three are equal in the mixture. Take the mixture with a tablespoon of honey for 2-3 times a day. This is excellent for relieving a cough.
5. Garlic is said to do wonders for coughing. Eating garlic at night is one of the simplest home remedies for coughing.
6. Mix honey with grape juice. Grapes and honey are two of the most common home remedies for home cough remedies.
7. If you are looking for ways to treat dry cough, mixing ginger juice with honey would be a great option.
8. Take coconut milk (3-4 teaspoons) with amla juice(½ teaspoon) and add 1 teaspoon of honey, take the mixture before retiring. This is an effective home remedy for dry cough.
9. To make your own cough syrup, extract the juices from the onions, and then mix the extracted juice with honey. Have a drink 2-3 times a day.
10. Boil camphor leaves and mint leaves, then inhale the steam. This is a great way to cleanse the respiratory system.
Remember, before trying any home remedies for coughing. Ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients that will be used. Also, take home remedies for coughing as prescribed; Never try to take more than mentioned. If any irritation or complications occur, consult your doctor immediately.