Sore throat is a very common medical complaint that can affect anyone of any age group. There are many products available specifically designed to alleviate and treat this disease. But you can also treat sore throats with natural remedies.
Here are some common home remedies for a sore throat.
The ingredients used in these home remedies are completely natural and herbal and can be easily found in your kitchen or garden wardrobe.
1. Gargling with alum (phitkari) is an effective home remedy for sore throat. Mix two grams of alum in half a cup of warm water. Gargle with this water. This relieves swelling and sore throat.
2. Boil ten grams of bishop herb (ajwain) in 500 grams of water for 15 minutes. Let it cool, then add little bit salt and gargle twice a day. This expels excessive mucus. This is another effective remedy for sore throat.
3. Grind and mix dried fruits from Indian gooseberry (amla) and licorice (mulethi) in equal quantities. Take this mixture teaspoon twice a day in the morning and evening for two weeks. You can also eat six grams of this mixture with an equivalent amount of sugar with 250 grams of milk. This is useful in relieving sore throat.
4. To relieve throat pain and irritation, mix dry coriander and sugar in equal amounts and chew a teaspoon of it two or three times a day.
5. Pineapple juice is another useful home remedy for sore throat, but it is consumed in small quantities at frequent intervals.
6. Herbs like ginger (adrak), garlic (lahsun), and basil (tulsi) show beneficial effects in this case. You can take any of these herbs and grind their juice. Take the juice with a teaspoon of honey. These relieve throat pain and irritation.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should practice all precautionary measures following the instructions for home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these ingredients and products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader, not the website or the author.
Here are:- Home Remedies for Cough: Instant relief